Sunday, March 6, 2011

5 Things that ROCK my world!

 Welcome to my blog!  Hopefully you were directed here through my website www.tennilleboseman.com  I recently made the big transition from my business blog to a website.  Now I can use this blog to speak my mind freely and hopefully help some of you along the way.

First and foremost, I am here for YOU!  My goals through this blog are to create a community of readers who are focused on improving their lives one step at a time. You will find a variety of topics on this blog as time goes on.  Want me to focus on a particular topic?  Email me at: alottapilates1@yahoo.com

Now, why should you be reading this blog?  If you are interested in making changes in your life that will make you a better person and a happier person all around...this is the blog for you.  After all, it's the SMALL changes in our lives that lead to BIG victories.

I want to take a second and introduce myself.  Rather than lead you through a boring biography, I thought I would list 5 things that absolutely rock my world.  Hopefully after reading this post, you'll know what I'm all about!

1) FITNESS- If you have looked through my website, you'll notice I teach a few classes :-)  If it weren't for fitness in my life, I would be a lost soul!  Having the opportunity to teach is the best part about what I do.  There is something magical that happens when someone instills their confidence in you.  That TRUST can lead to some amazing results.  Many of my students have reached their fitness goals by attending my classes, which is so rewarding for me as the instructor.  Here are some of my favorite workouts:






2)  PEANUT BUTTER-  If you know me at all...you know I'm obsessed with the stuff.  Probably a little more than I should be (it's protein, right?)  I'm a little picky when it comes to PB and have to have the name brands.  For some reason, the generic ones taste different.  Am I crazy, or is this true?  One of my all-time favorite snacks is this:




This particular combination is great pre or post-workout.  You get a great mix of protein and carbs...and the bonus?  It's DELICIOUS.

3) VITAMIX-  Yes, people I am in love with a blender.  This blender is God's gift to the smoothie world.  Ever wondered what it was like to make a homemade smoothie WITHOUT the chunks?  Well, after the Vitamix was introduced into my world, I experienced chunks no more.  Eww..just thinking about the word CHUNKS makes me sick!
 Smoothies are such a great way to stay healthy and I love having the Vitamix around.  It was an expensive purchase, but so worth it!  Here's my fave recipe:   http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1304379  You get a wonderful mix of fruits and veggies all in one smoothie.  My husband and I usually will make a gallon of it and store it in the fridge.  Its great for a quick pick-me-up.

4) AWESOME NOTE APP-  I am a "to-do" list freak!  This amazing app for my iPhone helps me stay on track and on top of my crazy schedule.  I think my most favorite thing about being able to follow a to-do list on my phone is the feeling I get when I'm able to cross it off the list!  It's weird, but I feel so accomplished if I can cross off, "vacuum house" or "choreograph new routine" from the list.  To tell you the truth, there are some days when I don't follow a to-do list...and these days usually turn out horrible.  I definitely feel the most successful when I can write down my tasks and priorities for the day. You should try it! Watch your world change.

5)  AUDIOBOOKS/SELF-HELP BOOKS-  I'm a full-blown nerd.  When people ask if I like to read, they are surprised to hear my response.  "Yes!  But not novels..."  Huh?  It's true, ask me to sit down and read "Twilight", it will take me weeks...ask me to sit down and read "Crush It" by Gary Vaynerchuk and I'll have the book read within a few hours.  I absolutely LOVE reading about fitness, business development, and relationships.  Another fact about me...I am a huge multi-tasker.  When I discovered audiobooks on iTunes, my eyes (and ears) were opened up into another world.  Not only can I LISTEN to great books, but I can do it while I am cleaning my house, folding laundry, and walking the dog.  So awesome, right?  The latest book I listened to (and continue to repeatedly listen to) is "The Power of Self-Discipline" by Brian Tracy.